Monday, April 18, 2011
My favorite Post so far
THE BOYS ARE HOME! Most of you already know this but they came home Saturday morning. We had to spend the night Friday night in a Family Room in the NICU and take care of them and get used to their schedule. We actually were discharged very early for NICU standards because we were out by 11 and were told it would be well after lunchtime before we even saw a doctor. I do want to apologize to anyone that emailed me or asked since Wednesday how they were and I gave you a very vague "they are doing good" answer because we actually got the call Wednesday that they could possibly come home and to make arrangements. Mike and I told maybe one person a piece at first but didn't want to tell anyone else because we were afraid of jinxing it. By the time they came home, others knew including the girls. When I called Friday to check on the boys, the nurse told me Easton had had a DSAT and she felt like they either wouldn't count it or they would send him home on monitors. THey ended up not counting it thank the Lord and no monitors (which made me very nervous at first). Friday night, I realized Lucas is a mama's boy and I am perfectly happy with that. Easton slept like he was supposed to but Lucas need me to rock him-Yes he Needed me to rock him. He really did!! =) Saturday when we came home the girls were with Gigi but when they came home they finally met their brothers. They love them. Aiden loves holding her boy-Easton. Evan asked Lucas if he wanted his hair brushed. I have come to the conclusion that Lucas and Easton will never have to talk or pick out their own clothes because they have sisters for that. For two little girls who did not want brothers and were not going to have any part in it (Evan was moving out), they are obsessed with them and have to check on them constantly. The boys are sleeping really good considering the death matches the girls have and all the noise around here. They are eating every 4 hrs but wake up earlier and want to eat then so I am going to talk to the dr this week and maybe they can up their formula and get off this expensive stuff. I hate to up it on my own because you know "they are preemies!". We have a marathon of doctors these next two weeks between their peditrician, their GI doctor, and their Ortho doctor. I really hope they get their braces off next week because they are a pain. I have actually had them out of it most of the morning because Lucas sprayed his so I just decided to wash them both and they have to be line dried-which takes forever, so I hung them up outside. Anyway, thank you all for you prayers for the boys. As soon as we get an all clear from their doctor we can't wait for you to meet them. They are pretty cute if I do say so myself. Evan is very upset she can not show them off yet.